- 4 (5 oz.) thin sliced chicken breast cutlets
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tsp. whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- lemon twists, for garnish (optional)
Makes 4 Servings
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then lightly coat with the flour, using about 1 teaspoon per breast.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned and cooked through but still juicy, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter, cover, and keep warm.
- Add the shallot and capers to the skillet and cook over low heat, stirring, for about 30 seconds. Add the broth and lemon juice and cook, stirring, until incorporated and thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in the parsley and immediately pour the sauce over the chicken. Serve warm, garnished with lemon twists if you'd like.
WW POINTS VALUE: 4 pts.
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Super Quick Cookbook. If you're thinking about ordering takeout, PUT DOWN THE PHONE! This upscale chicken dinner can be made in 20 minutes or less and it tastes better than what you'd get at a fast food joint or at a chain restaurant. Who doesn't love the flavor combinations of lemon, olive oil and capers? This is a great dinner that can be enjoyed any day of the week. You can also use onions in place of the shallot and add a little garlic to the dish as well. Also, you can use white wine if you don't have any chicken broth or a little of both for more flavor. I also highly recommend using Lemon or Garlic Infused Olive Oil from the Imperial Olive in Williamsburg, VA. For more info, visit www.TheImperialOlive.com.