- 3/4 cup plain nonfat or low-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 10 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
Makes 10 (6 oz.) Servings
- Whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, garam masala, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne in a small bowl. Divide mixture between 2 large resealable plastic bags. Place 5 chicken breasts in each bag, seal bags and turn to coat chicken with marinade. Lay bags flat in the refrigerator. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or over night.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Remove chicken from bags. Brush grill with oil and grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Serve warm.
WW POINTS VALUE: 4 pts.
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Parties & Holidays Cookbook. Here's another dish that is a great way to kick-start your healthy lifestyle. Indian food has its share of spices and can be flavorful. Garam masala is a classic Indian spice mixture that means hot spices. Garam Masala is a blend of spices that are common in Northern Indian and South Asian cuisines and contains ground black or white peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, cardamom, cumin, dried chiles, fennel, mace and nutmeg. You can find this in the spice section of your supermarket or make your own variation. This version of grilled chicken is so juicy and succulent it will leave you filled up and satisfied.