- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh tarragon
- 4 (5 oz.) thin sliced chicken breast cutlets
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- freshly ground black pepper
Makes 4 Servings
- Heat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, and tarragon. Add the chicken cutlets one at a time and turn to coat. Transfer to the broiler pan and let stand while you prepare the relish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, scallions, lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil chicken 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through but still juicy.
- Serve the chicken topped with tomato-scallion relish.
WW POINTS VALUE: 4 pts.
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Super Quick Cookbook. Who says fast food isn't good for you? This is what I call an alternative to fast food and you can have this for lunch or dinner in 30 minutes or less. The combination of lemon, Dijon mustard and tarragon is absolutely divine. If you can't find thin-sliced chicken breasts, use regular boneless, skinless chicken breasts and pound them with a meat mallet or a heavy skillet to thin them out so they will cook faster. I also highly recommend adding 2-3 cloves of minced garlic to the Dijonnaise because garlic always makes everything taste better.