- 1 Basic Pie Crust
- 3 1/2 lbs. peaches , pitted and sliced (about 7 cups)
- 3/4 packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. water
Makes 12 Servings
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12-13-inch circle. Fit the dough into a 9-inch pie pan, pressing to fit and crimping the edges to form a rim. Freeze 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. To prepare the filling, in a medium bowl, combine the peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cornstarch, and vanilla extract; toss well. Transfer to pie shell.
- To prepare the topping, in a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt. Add butter, lemon juice, and water; stir to combine. Press the topping mixture together to form clumps, then break them into smaller pieces over the filling.
- Bake 40 minutes, then tent loosely with aluminum foil to keep topping from over browning. Bake until the filling is thick and bubbly, 40-45 minutes longer.
WW POINTS VALUE: 5 pts.
Note: This recipe appears in the WW New Complete Cookbook. I recently got back from my vacation in South Carolina and brought back some fresh peaches to make a peach dessert. I really love cooked fruit when it's seasoned properly and I've always wanted to try a peach pie. This version of a peach pie is SO DELICIOUS! I really loved this pie because it was warm, moist, packed with flavor and it melted right in my mouth. If you really want to add more spice to this pie, I highly recommend adding a pinch of nutmeg and ground cloves along with the cinnamon and ginger because the combination of those spices are absolutely divine. Don't worry if the slice isn't perfect. The pie is still delicious. If you were ever a fan of the show 'Beverly Hills, 90210' back in the day, one of the signature dishes at the Peach Pit was 'Peach Pie.' Put on some oldies music, have a slice of this pie, topped with vanilla ice cream if you wish, and you'll feel like you're at the Peach Pit (minus Nat and the gang!).